Laboratory of Infection Biology
JIVAN (Jiva-Vijnan-Anweshan-Niketan) — Centre for Research in Biological Sciences, RKMVERI
Assistant Professor & Ramalingaswami Fellow
JIVAN Research Centre,
Department of Biomedical Science and Technology
School of Biological Sciences, RKMVERI
RKMSP Hospital, 99, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata-700026
West Bengal, India
- Regulation of bacterial growth and pathogenesis
- Genetic analysis of antibiotic resistance
- Nanomedicine as modern therapeutics
- Role of TRAFAC GTPase in cellular physiology and stress response of Staphylococcus aureus
- Deciphering the importance of ABCF ATPase in antibiotic resistance.
- Effect of nanomedicine on bacterial pathogen
- Genetic analysis of pathogen associated with hospital based infection.
- Effect of metal ion on the growth and pathogenesis of bacteria.
- Chakraborty A., Halder S., Kishore P., Saha D., Saha S., Sikder K., Basu A.*; 2022, The structure-function analysis of Obg like GTPase proteins along the evolutionary tree from bacteria to humans, Genes to Cells. 2022, 27(7) 469-481* Corresponding author
- Roy S. M., Barman S., Basu A., Ghatak T., Pore S. K., Ghosh S. K., Mukherjee R., Maity A. R., Amine as a bottom-line functionality on DDS surface for efficient endosomal escape and further subcellular targets. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2022, 71(2003)103303.
- Basu A., Shields K. & Yap M.N.F. Hibernating 100S complex is a target of ribosome recycling factor and elongation factor G in Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 2020; 295(18): 6053–6063
- Basu A., Shields K., Eickhoff S.C., Hoft F.D & Yap M.N.F. Thermal and nutritional regulation of ribosome hibernation in Staphylococcus aureus. Journal of Bacteriology. 2018; 200(24):418-426
- Basu A. & Yap M.N.F. Disassembly of the Staphylococcus aureus hibernating 100S ribosome by an evolutionary conserved GTPase. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA. 2017; 114(39): 8165-8173
- Matzov D., Aibara S., Basu A., Zimmerman E., Bashan A, Yap M.N.F., Amunts A. & Yonath A. The Cryo-EM structure of hibernating 100S ribosome dimer from pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus. Nature Communications. 2017; 8(1):723-733
- Basu A. & Yap M.N.F. Ribosome hibernation factor promotes Staphylococcal survival and differentially represses translation. Nucleic Acid Research. 2016; 44(10):4881-4893
Selected scientific achievements
- Recipient of DBT Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship
- Associate Editor of Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology