Admission to MSc in Critical Care Science and Technology (CCST or popularly known as CCT) for the academic year 2022-23
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for Master of Science (MSc) in Critical Care Science and Technology, Department of Biomedical Science and Technology under the School of Biological Sciences for the academic year 2022-23 starting September 2022.
About the programme
To our knowledge, very few Institutes/Universities across the country offer such postgraduate programmes in critical care technology (CCT), particularly in the Eastern part of India. Hence the urgency and importance of starting this programme in RKMVERI in the Department of Biomedical Science and Technology under the School of Biological Sciences which has already has a vibrant Research Unit called JIVAN (Jiva-Vijnan-Anweshan-Niketan), Centre for Research in Biological Sciences located at Ramakrishna Mission Seva Pratishthan Hospital, Kolkata, which is collaborating closely with the University’s Off-campus at Narendrapur, Kolkata.
Critical Care Science and Technology (CCST / CCT) caters to the requirement of expert professionals in the field of life support monitoring and therapeutic system. The requirement of experts in this field is immense and a career in this field will ensure plausible employment in various hospitals and critical care centers of repute. This M.Sc. programme spans 2 years (4 semester) and is of 80 credits as per the UGC regulations (1 credit = 16 contact hours) and is designed to provide expertize in the following specializations:
- Cardio-pulmonary critical care,
- Neuro critical care,
- Oncological critical care.
The incoming students will be expected to choose and spell out their area of specialization at the very beginning, to enable advance planning.
Brief outline of the programme:
The first semester will be devoted to orienting the incoming students into the basics of critical care besides refurbishing their knowledge of critical care technology (CCT) at the undergraduate level. There will also be an exercise in normalizing / homogenizing the students coming from various institutions. At the beginning of second semester, the students will be divided into groups in accordance with their choice of specialization as stated above. During the second and third semesters, the students will be given intense hands-on training in their respective chosen field of specialization, while the fourth and final semester will be devoted to projects/dissertations, etc. At the end of the four semesters on successful completion of the M.Sc. programme, the University will try to provide internship for one more semester consistent with the availability of resources.
The following four Institutes with excellent critical care facilities are collaborating with RKMVERI to provide state-of-the-art training the students in the above-mentioned specialized fields of critical care:
- Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI), Kolkata, (for oncological critical care),
- Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, (for oncological critical care),
- Institute of Neurosciences Kolkata (IN-K) (for neuro critical care),
- Peerless Hospital and B.K. Roy Research Centre (for cardio-pulmonary critical care)
For programme details: Visit Academics page
Eligibility to Apply
Both male and female candidates having any of the following degree are eligible to apply.
- BSc in Critical Care Technology, OR
- BSc in Nursing.
Minimum percentage of marks required is 50% in aggregate. However this requirement is relax-able for reserved categories as per the government rules.
Students who are appearing or have appeared in the final year/semester exam and whose results are awaited may also apply.
The programme is offered in full-time mode.
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Admission Portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the application fee (INR 300.00) online from the same Portal. Link can be found under ‘Options’ next to the program name on the Dashboard.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
- Admit Card: will be available for download when / if the dates for Admission Test / Interview are published. check the Website / Admission Portal regularly for updates.
Last date to apply: 30 Nov 2022
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees. Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admission
- Migration certificate from the Board/University in which candidate last studied.
- Medical/Health certificate from registered medical practitioner.
- Conduct certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Candidates after taking admission failing to attend the classes within the three days of the beginning of the session without the explicit permission from the authorities will run the risk of forfeiting their admission.
- Admission will be cancelled if the student does not produce his/her final semester/year mark sheets/certificate of B.Sc. within 10 days of publication of the results by the respective university.
- No hostel facility is available at present. However the students will be helped by the university to get the ‘paying guest’ facility in the vicinity of the university campus.
For any queries you may contact:
- Academic queries:
- Office: 033-2477 2020 and 033-2971 1624
- Mobile Number :
- For any technical query/issues (with online application, fee payment, etc.)
- Avishek Mondal (), Sourav Paul ()