Applications are invited for PhD in Medical Biotechnology (MdBT) under the School of biological Sciences for the academic year 2022-23.
Areas of Research
- Cellular stress pathways in cardiomyopathies, Immuno-genetics of autoimmune disorders (No. of positions: 2)
- Regulation of bacterial growth and pathogenesis, Genetics analysis of antibiotic resistance, Nanomedicine as modern therapeutics (No. of positions: 2)
- Functions of lncRNAs in pathological conditions, Altered hepatic glucose metabolism in diabetes and cancer, Alternative splicing in glucose metabolism in diabetic complications (No. of positions: 2)
- Parasitology and Infectious Disease (No. of positions: 2)
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Genetic predisposition and autoimmunity in idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy
- Genetic polymorphism and intracellular stress pathways in PBMCs in Graves’ disease and Hashimoto thyroiditis
- Vit-D receptor polymorphism in autoimmune thyroid disorders
- Role of TRAFAC GTPase in cellular physiology and stress response of Staphylococcus aureus
- Deciphering the importance of ABCF ATPase in antibiotic resistance.
- Effect of nanomedicine on bacterial pathogen
- Genetic analysis of pathogen associated with hospital based infection.
- Effect of metal ion on the growth and pathogenesis of bacteria.
- Role of Glutamine in cell cycle progression.
- Molecular signatures associated with Polyploidy.
- Regulation of Chromosomal Instability through Long Non-Coding RNAs.
- Importance of Alternative Splicing in Cancers and Diabetes.
- ‘Characterization of mechanistic function of the encystation-specific transcription factor ERM-BP in Entamoeba and identifying drugs against Entamoeba cyst
- Development of Strip-Based Diagnostics for the Detection of Entamoeba and deadly Free-living Amebae
- The candidates should be passionate about working in the field of physiology, biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, cell and molecular biology. They should be willing to tackle problems and be able to develop novel experimental approaches to answer outstanding questions in the field.
- Prior experience with biochemical assays, bacterial and mammalian cell culture, genetic manipulation, basic molecular biology techniques related to nucleic acid and protein work would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics would be desirable. An eagerness to learn and to exploit and develop innovative methods is the critical requirement.
- Students with postgraduate degree in the field of Biological Sciences or related subjects with at least 55% marks. (Having valid Research fellowship from any government funding agency will be given priority).
- Students who are appearing or have appeared in the final year/semester exam of PG degree and whose results are awaited may also apply.
Applicants will be selected on the basis of RET exam and interview.
How to Apply
- Online Admission Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the portal, then login and fill up the online application form.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- While filling up the online application-form attach the scanned copies of your passport size photo, mark-sheets and other applicable certificates/documents.
- Download the Admit Card: Once Application-form is successfully submitted and application-fee is paid, Receipt (also Application-summary) will be available for download from the same Portal from the ‘Dashboard‘.
Last date to apply online: 15 Dec, 2022
Admission and Course Fee
Admission process shall begin immediately after the announcement of results of the interview. The selected candidates willing to take admission may get admitted by paying the requisite fees. Fees structure is given on the page: Academic Fees Structure
For any queries you may contact:
- Academic queries:
- Dr. Kunal Sikder : ,
- For any technical query/issues (with online application, fee payment, etc.)
- Avishek Mondal (), Sourav Paul ()